Thursday 4 December 2014

Practising Sera's design

I practised Sera's design a lot over the weeks coming up to our assessments as I was really worried about whether I would be able to pull it off in the time required or not, and noticed that each time we practised I got more confident and quick at doing it and every time it looked a little bit better. I took photo's to record my progress which are uploaded below.

My first attempt, I didn't manage to finish by the end of the lesson and only managed to create and pin the heart shape.

My second attempt outside of uni time. This went a lot better and I managed to create the full look in just under two hours. I was a lot more confident after this attempt but wanted to be able to make the heart more even. I was really pleased with the wiggle plaits pinned to the back of her head!


My last practise session in class before the timed assessments began went the best out of all three, but didn't make me feel any less nervous about the real thing! Although I didn't fit in time for the wiggle plaits at the back, this is because I was the most confident with them so concentrated more on the strength and shape of the heart and getting the amount of hair on each side even with a straight center parting.











No comments:

Post a Comment